Friday, June 22, 2012

Patience is a virtue I do not have

Now that I have planted the seed for weight loss surgery I want to get moving with the process. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule my 1st appointment for July 30th so I home time to wait. In the meantime, I started looking into my insurance requirements for the sleeve, which is the surgery option I am leaning towards, and from what I can tell I need to have a min BMI of 50. When I calculate mine I am getting between 48.5-50 depending on my exact height. I always say I am 5'2" At my current weight this would give me a BMI of 48.5. The other day I measured myself at 5'1.346" which would give. bMI of 50. Uggg, I just hate the unknown part of what the insurance will approve. Will they accept my BMI if it is slightly under? This also makes me feel like I am caught between wanting to jump start this endeavor with making changes in my eating and exercise habits but if I do that now and do manage to lose weight in the next month my BMI will be even lower at 1st surgeon visit and lower my chances of getting approved for the sleeve. I have also told someone else about my plans besides my husband. I told my step-daughter this week. She had gastric bypass in January and has lost 83lbs. She looks awesome and has been helpful with answering my questions. She had initially wanted the sleeve, as well, but for a few reasons was not a candidate for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment